Flakefleet Primary School is a GOOD school
Who says so? - OFSTED and more importantly - our parents
Flakefleet Primary School - Ofsted Report June 2014
Following on from our inspection at the end of May 2014 the inspection report is available online. We were very pleased with the outcomes of the inspection and the inspectors were very complimentary. Summary of the key findings:
- The headteacher gives strong leadership, with a relentless focus on ‘nothing but the best’.
- Staff clearly share this vision for excellence, so that the quality of teaching is consistently good and some is outstanding.
- Standards are rising. All groups of pupils make good progress from very low starting points to reach average attainment in mathematics, reading and writing by the end of Year 6.
- Pupils eligible for the pupil premium, disabled pupils and those with special educational needs make equally good progress.
- Information and communication technology (ICT) is woven seamlessly through the curriculum, and makes a strong contribution to pupils’ learning.
- Pupils really enjoy school, and benefit greatly from its exceptional facilities, which support a rich and varied curriculum.
- School leaders, including governors, pursue excellence in every part of the school’s work, with good impact on pupils’ achievements. They make sure that all the statutory requirements for keeping children safe are met.
- Pupils behave well. They take care of one another, look after their school, and feel safe.
- Parents are proud to send their children to the school; one said ‘I can’t fault Flakefleet’.
Assessment Results and DFE Performance Tables